Views

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

A Spring Song

There's summer around the corner,
Winter receding sighs in vain.
The sunshine thaws the frigid fears,
Hopes find wings and fly again.

The melody of life from far beyond,
Carried by the mystic, warm breeze-
Slowly settles onto lifeless visages,
And smiles once again, breathe.

Lovelorn bees hover over the blossoms,
Starry nights ensue.
The frozen springs gush merrily downhill,
And sunny dawns kiss the sparkling morning dew.

Gloomy nights now feel shy to overstay,
There's a spring in every heartbeat.
As if a buoyant song is on every lip,
And joy brews in this escalating mellow heat.

The dampness has evanesced from the murky windows,
I can tread the fresh meadows outside again.
Despite the snugness of the shack I've left behind,
My innards echo it's a laudable bargain.
 
Out and about, I am now with the merry throngs, 
Embracing this rapturous, lively swell.
And though I know the cold shall prevail again,
For now I bid it a happy farewell!

1 comment: