Views

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Doppelgänger


I guess everyone has a dark side which they fear more than anything else. Hope you like the post. :)

Yes, it's there!
It has always been there.

I have seen glimpses of it in my dreams.
I have felt its existence around when awake.

I have seen its apparition glide past me in the dark.
I have felt its shadow on a blistering sunny day.

I have slept in dread of haunted dreams,
I've woken up in fear of confronting doom.

I have tried run away from it in solitude.
I have hidden from it in bustling crowds.

It’s wicked and it’s consuming me spitefully!
An eternity it seems I’ve lived in feverish fear.
Eons seemed to have passed in between
But I’ve tried in dismay to evade this phantom.
Yet, the void inside me still seemed escalating.
Like a parasitic weed, clutching and choking my being-

Until now, that I fear an implosion.
Until now, that I see it defeating myself.
Until now, that I find myself willing to surrender.
I fear my existence crumbling!
I fear my doppelgänger taking over me… 


4 comments: