Views

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Concise

My previous blog was recently and unfortunately shutdown. So, here I am with another having the same name, simply because I like it. :)


This is the first thing I've written in months now.
Hope you like the post. :)

Concise


In boughs of fruity fragrance,
Where the oranges hung low.
Where humming bees buzzed the rhythm,
And time surprisingly crawled along slow.

I woke up from a reverie,
My eyes still slightly numb,
I gazed upon a vision,
Which struck me almost dumb.

An orange hanging from a stooping branch,
A hand craving to reach;
A jump that proved unhelpful,
And Sorrow on a face like a peach.

Tears almost drenched the eyes,
And made them sparkle like the rarest of gems.
But Beauty oozed and radiated,
Even as crystals of grief guarded them.

And yet she did try again,
And I could almost hear Failure laugh.
As she looked up at the orange above,
I stood up instinctively, to pluck it on her behalf.

And so, I came within her sceptic gaze,
For a moment my feet stopped.
She seemed to feel my hesitation,
The orange suddenly dropped.

A teasing smile drenched her face,
And at last she did giggle.
Picked it up, waved it to me,
Turned and walked off,
In a manner, subtly regal.

But I was already in love,
The first time I must admit.
Though the brevity of the episode,
Startled my drowsy wits.

Never again did I see her again,
Under the same boughs though each day I wandered.
Some things are never meant to be,
My mocking mind answered.

Yet, the heart never listens to logic,
Be it coherent and sound.
It hopes to live within the clutches of love,
Where ever it can be found.

And although quite foolishly strange,
Sometimes in crowds I search for those eyes.
Maybe, I never forgot that love,
Which to me was most beautiful, yet so concise!

2 comments: